Accelerated Reader, or AR for short, is an online tool that our students can access from school to take quizzes for books they have recently read. Students receive points based on their quiz performance.
program also provides an AR Book Level that gives you an indication as
to the difficulty of a book. Identifying books for your child to read
that is within their appropriate reading level helps them progress
with their reading comprehension. You can identify books that are
included in this program at www.arbookfind.com.
You can also log in to the Renaissance Home Connect web site to see the AR quizzes your child has taken and to sign up to receive email notifications when your child has taken a quiz. The teacher will provide your child with their log in information.
You may download the Parent's Guide to Accelerated Reader HERE
Accelerated Readers Program
How to care for your AR t-shirt & apply your patch(es)
Congratulations to your student on earning his/her t-shirt and patch(es). AR t-shirts can be worn on most Thursdays in place of uniform shirts. Please take good care of your t-shirt and patch(es) as neither will be replaced due to loss and/or damage.
Wash: inside out; gentle; warm or cold setting.
Dry: low/med heat setting.
Do not iron directly on logo.
- Step 1: Set your hand iron at the hottest temperature setting. DO NOT USE STEAM DURING APPLICATION!
- Step 2: Place your patch in the desired position (avoid being too close to the logo) and place a pressing cloth (such as a handkerchief, sheet or pillowcase fabric) over top.
- Step 3: Press the iron straight down for 35-45 seconds with as much constant pressure as possible. NO BACK AND FORTH.
- Step 4: Turn the garment inside-out and repeat steps 2 & 3—avoid placing iron directly on the logo.
- Step 5: Allow the applique or embroidered patch to cool down.
- Continue to wash your t-shirt inside out; gentle cycle, warm or cold setting.
- Do not dry at high heat, as this will loosen the “glue”—if this should happen, try re-applying patch with fabric adhesives or sewing.
- Consider hand or machine sewing for a more permanent/secured application.